User Review( votes)
7 Home Remedies To Treat liver Spots
What are liver spots?
Liver spots, also known as age spots, are tiny dark areas on your skin. They can vary in size. The liver spots usually appear on the face, hands, and shoulders ( these areas are most exposed to the sun).
Liver spots look like cancerous growths, but they are harmless. They usually don’t need any treatment. These spots can be lightened with skincare products.
Also read: How to get rid of blind pimple on the nose?
What are the symptoms of liver spots?
Following are the symptoms of age spots.
These are flat and oval areas of pigmentation. Usually black, brown or tan. They typically occur on the back of the hand, face, shoulder, top of feet, and areas which are exposed to the sun.
What are the causes of liver spots?
The UV light from the sun accelerates the production of melanin. These spots appear when melanin is produced in high concentrations. Commercial tanning lamps and tanning beds can also help in the development of age spots.
If you have red hair and light skin or have a history of frequent or intense sunburn, you are at more risk of developing the liver spots.
Also read: 8 HOME REMEDIES FOR ACNE SCARS REMOVAL
How to prevent liver spots?
- Use sunscreen
- Wear tightly woven clothing. It will help you avoid direct exposure to sun rays.
- Try to avoid outdoor activities between 11 am to 2 pm.
Are there any home remedies to treat liver spots?
Yes, there are home remedies to treat liver spots.
- Dab lemon juice onto the spots twice daily.
- Mix apple cider vinegar with olive oil. It will protect your skin from dryness. Apply every day for 20 minutes.
- Slice up some onions. Rub the slices over the affected area 2-3 times a day.
- Make a horseradish paste. Apply it to the affected area and leave it on for 15-20 min.
- Rub fresh aloe vera gel onto the affected area and leave to soak in.
- Apply some yogurt on the spots. Let it dry. Wash it off with cold water.
When to visit a doctor to treat liver spots?
It would be best if you visited a doctor when a spot is increasing in size rapidly. It is darkly pigmented, has an irregular boundary, unusual colors, or is causing redness and itchiness.
Be happy, healthy, and strong!
Note: You can use the little chat icon if you want to ask any question.
5 Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Liver Spots – Skin Care Guide.
Lump on Your Hand? Try These Natural Remedies.
Say Goodbye to Age Spots by Mahmoud Khattab, MD – RealSelf.