How Much Water Should You Drink Per Day?
We are made of 60% water, and our blood is 90% water. It is vital for the kidneys and other body functions. Our skin can become more vulnerable to disorders and wrinkling when dehydrated. It can also help us in our weight loss journey.
Following are eight benefits of drinking water
- It regulates body temperature.
- It lubricates our joints.
- It helps to form saliva and mucus.
- It maintains skin health and beauty.
- It cushions the brain other sensitive tissues.
- It removes body waste.
- It maintains our blood pressure.
- It makes minerals and nutrients accessible.
So after reading the benefits of drinking water, the question arises How Much Water Should You Drink Per Day?
The answer is it varies from individual to individual. We can divide it into weight, your activity level, and liters of water.
How much water should you drink per day based on your weight?
- Take your weight in pounds and divide it by 2.2. e.g 100/2.2=45.5
- Multiply that number to your age. e.g 45.5×25= 1136.4
- Divide that by 28.3. e.g 1136.4/28.3= 40.2
- It shows the ounces of water you should drink each day. Divide it by 8 to convert it into cups. e.g 40.2/8= 5.1 cups
- Easy. Right?
How much water should you drink based on your activity level?
Anyone who exercises needs to drink more water. Not increasing your water intake can lead to some unpleasant consequences.
We calculated how much water should you drink based on your weight. Now, let’s convert it for activity level.
Anyone doing 1-hour exercise should intake more 15 cups of water than usual. So it becomes almost 20 cups of water daily for someone who is who exercises 1 hour and is of nearly 100 pounds weight.
How much water should you drink a day in liters?
You can convert your calculation from ounces to liters with this simple formula
Number of Fluid Ounces ÷ 33.8 = Number of Liters
Remember, we calculated 40.2 ounces of water before converting them into cups. so
50.2/33.5= 1.49 liters of water daily if you weight 100 pounds.
How Much Water is Best?
Follow these simple rules
- Drink when you are thirsty.
- Stop when you are not thirsty anymore.
- During high temperature and exercises, drink more water.
Be happy, healthy, and active!