What is Acid Reflux?
The condition when contents from your stomach move upwards into your esophagus is known as acid reflux. It is also known as gastroesophageal reflux.
What is gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)?
If you continue to have acid reflux more than two times per week, it is a symptom of a disease known as gastroesophageal reflux disease. If you don’t treat it on time, it can cause severe complications.
What are the symptoms of Acid Reflux?
Following are the symptoms of acid reflux;
- Uncomfortable burning feeling in your chest known as heartburn.
- Breathing problems like a chronic cough.
- You might develop a sour taste at the back of your mouth, resulting in regurgitation of food from the stomach to your mouth.
What are the causes of Acid Reflux?
Following are the causes of Acid Reflux or GERD;
The lower esophageal sphincter doesn’t tighten or close properly, resulting in a rise of liquids from the stomach to the esophagus.
What is the treatment for GERD or Acid Reflux?
You are encouraged to make changes to your eating habits.
Your doctor may suggest taking over-the-counter medications,
- H2 receptor blockers
- proton pump inhibitors
Can gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) occur in infants?
It’s normal for babies to vomit sometimes. But if your baby is frequently vomiting, there is a chance that they have GERD.
Following are the symptoms of GERD in infants;
- Trouble in swallowing
- Mostly infants refuse to eat
- Weight loss
- Poor growth
- irritability during feeding
How to get rid of acid reflux?
You can get rid of acid reflux by changing your dietary and sleeping habits.
- Eat slowly
- Avoid carbonated beverages
- Quit smoking
- Avoid excessive workout after eating
- Avoid spicy foods
- Do not sleep right after eating
- Lose excessive fat
- Contact your doctor
What are Home remedies for acid reflux?
Following are the home remedies for acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GRED):
- Drink a mixture of 1 tbsp of baking soda with 8 ounces of water.
- Use a sugar-free chew gum 30 minutes after eating.
- Eat an apple an hour before bedtime.
- Drink ginger tea.
- Use 1 tbsp of straight mustard when you feel acid reflux symptoms.
- Drink 1 cup of chamomile tea. Drink it 30-40 minutes before bedtime.
Do you have any questions?
I will be waiting for your comments.
Be happy, healthy, and strong!
Follow me on Social Media