What are shingles?
A viral infection causing a painful rash is known as shingles. It is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox known as a varicella-zoster virus.
What are the symptoms of shingles?
The following are the symptoms of the shingles.
- Stabbing pain on one side
- Blistering red rash on the body or face is a common symptom.
What are the early signs of shingles?
Following are the early signs of shingles:
- General weakness
- Tingling sensation
- Pink or red blotchy patches
How long do shingles last on the face?
3 to 5 weeks
What do shingles look like on your face?
Shingles look like a group of small lesions, usually affecting just one side of the face.
How to treat shingles?
Pain medicine can help relieve the pain caused by shingles. Wet compresses and colloidal oatmeal baths can also help relieve itching.
Home remedies for shingles on the face
The following are the home remedies for shingles on the face.
- Apply a cold and moist compress. You can do this several times in a day to get rid of shingles. Avoid the ice pack because it can increase skin sensitivity and worsen the pain.
- Daily cleansing decreases the risk of spreading the infection.
- Create a paste using cornstarch and water to get rid of the itching caused by a shingles rash.
- Use lotions or creams. Lotions and creams can increase your comfort level. Do not use scented or perfumed lotions to avoid irritation.
- Change your diet to strengthen your immune system. It will prevent shingles from spreading. A proper diet to treat shingles consists of foods with vitamins A, C, E, and the amino acid lysine.
Can you catch shingles from someone?
No, shingles can not pass from one individual to another. Although the virus can cause chickenpox if you are not vaccinated.
Have any questions?
Do not hesitate to ask.
Be happy, healthy and strong!