A percussion massager is a device that uses vibrations to release tension in the joints. It is typically used by people with arthritis or injury-related pain or trauma such as whiplash or head injuries.
Percussion Massagers were invented by Dr. John Upledger in the early 1950s and were originally called “vibratory massage”.
Percussion massagers are an excellent option for people who have trouble finding relief in other ways. They are often used to improve range of motion, increase blood circulation, and improve joint health.
Different Types of Percussion Massagers
There are various types of percussion massagers that are available on the market. All these massagers have their unique features and benefits.
Choose a type that is best suited for your needs and preferences.
Types of percussion massagers:
Focused: These provide focused massages such as deep kneading and circular motions in isolated areas such as the lower back, neck, and hips.
Massage: These provide gentle, but fast pressure to larger sections at a time such as the back, thighs, or shoulders.
Myofascial release: These provide gentle but fast massage to trigger points and release tension in joints and muscles to relieve pain and increase mobility in the spine.
Benefits of Using a Percussion Massager
- A percussion massager is a machine that generates vibrations through a whack or hit on specific parts of your body.
- The vibrations make it feel like someone else is massaging you, instead of the massager itself. This helps with pain relief and relaxation.
- Percussion massagers are great for the body and tend to provide some of the most effective and enjoyable massage techniques.
- This makes it easier for people who have trouble receiving any type of stimulation to receive this kind of massage, including people who are recovering from surgeries or injuries, elderly people struggling with mobility issues, and others experiencing sensory impairment
- They can be used for a variety of conditions, from tension headaches to arthritis.
How to Choose Which Type of Percussion Massager is Best for You?
There are many types of percussion massagers. You can choose between two types – the drum type and the stick type.
The drum type is often preferred by dancers and martial artists, as they use it to maintain high-intensity movements. The stick type is often used by people who suffer pain related to their joints or muscles, as they allow for controlled pressure on specific areas of the body.
You can choose between these two types based on your needs and preference, but it is important to keep in mind that both of them have advantages and disadvantages.
How to use?
Your new percussion massage tool will provide you with a therapeutic and stress-relieving experience. It will be great for anybody part, with the right technique and by following your instructions.
Before You Begin:
– Clean your massage tool and allow it to dry completely before use.
– We recommend that you start with a ten-minute session to build up tolerance of the vibrations
1. Turn on the vibration setting on your percussion tool by turning the dial on the back of it to the green light or high power setting, depending on how intense you want the vibration. (Note: The green light means low intensity.)
2. Begin massaging in circular motions over each muscle group you wish to focus on.