How to Remove Tartar from teeth?
What is tartar?
Tartar is a crusty deposit. It can trap stains on the teeth and can cause discoloration.
What are the symptoms of Tartar build-up?
The following are the symptoms of tartar build-up.
- Tender gums
- Bleeding gums
- Purplish gums
- Spaces between your teeth
- Bad breath
What causes tartar in teeth?
The following factors cause tartar in teeth.
- Foods high in sugar (How much sugar you should eat?)
- High starch foods
- Soft drinks
- Smoking and aging (Clean your lungs if you are a smoker)
Home remedy to remove tartar and whiten your teeth
Tartar is typically removed with specific tools that dentists have. This home remedy will address this issue without going to the dentists and spending a lot on a conventional removal.
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide
- Warm water
- Antiseptic mouthwash
1) Mix baking soda and salt in a cup. Moisten the toothbrush with warm water and dab it into the dry mixture which we prepared. Use it as we use regular toothpaste.
2) Mix the hydrogen peroxide (H202) with 1/2 a cup of warm water and rinse the mouth with this. Spit and do the same using cold water this time.
3) Rub tartar from the teeth using floss. Be careful not to damage the gums and cause irritations. Interlock two teeth with the floss and move it side by side to fully remove the tartar.
4) Rinse the mouth with the antiseptic mouthwash.
By completing all the steps you will be left with cleaner teeth without any trace of tartar.